|$ Fixed RV awnings: $250-$500||$ $ Manual RV awnings: $250-$550||$ $ $ Motorized awnings: $500-$2,500|
RV camping is a fantastic experience that combines adventures with commodities in a good way.
Basic RVs can offer a great experience, but there will always be add-ons to make the experience more enjoyable, like an RV awning.
An RV awning is a great investment to do if you own an RV; they are attached to the side of the RV, and essentially, they are sunshades, although they can also serve many other purposes.
RV awnings can protect the RV windows and door from the weather, and some are big enough that they can become an extra room outside for everyone to enjoy.
Table of Contents
What Types Of RV Awning Exist?
Depending on the materials, RV awnings can be classified into solution-dyed acrylic awnings, vinyl awnings, and other fabric awnings.
The material is one of the major factors that determine RV awning pricing, and the material can also determine how long the RV awning can last; using a durable awning material can last 5 to 10 years.
All of the awnings are retractable, and they can also be classified depending on the mechanism they use or the make into slide-out retractable awnings, fixed or permanent awnings, automatic or mechanized motorized awnings, and shelter type or patio type awnings.
This article made by Koa.com explains more in detail about the different types of RV awnings that exist, their materials, and the mechanism they use.
What Affects The Price Of A RV Awning?
RV awning prices can vary depending on many factors like size, make, retracting mechanism, material, brand, accessories that come with it, and where you buy it.
An RV awning can cost from $120 to $2,500, depending on the factors mentioned above.
Manual retractable RV awnings can cost $250 to $550, and motorized retractable awnings can cost $500 to $2,500.
Size is also a major factor that affects the final price of an RV awning:
You can buy RV awnings at department stores like Sears and Walmart, and also at outdoor recreation stores, like Camping World and Bass Pro Shop.
RV awnings can be also found at online retailers like Amazon, but the delivery fees are usually very expensive due to their weight.
Things To Consider
- First, you need to measure the space on the RV where you want the awning to be installed.
- It’s important to read the capacity of the RV so you don’t buy an awning that requires more weight than the RV can support.
- Try to buy the RV awning at a local shop because buying them online and shipping them can cost $18 to $150 or more, depending on the weight and speed of shipping.
- Manual retraction awnings are always cheaper than motorized ones.
- Consider the weather in which the RV is usually used to choose the best material and accessories for the RV awning.
- RV awnings usually include the awning cover, support poles or arms and ropes, the retraction system, and installation brackets.
- If you buy a motorized RV awning, they usually include a remote control.
- Accessories for RV awnings like floor mats are sold separately. Floor mats can cost $40 to $100. Curtains and shades for privacy can cost $60 to $330.
- The professional installation of an RV awning can cost from $30 to $100.
- Manual RV awnings can be installed with DIY tutorials and can save as much as $180 to $540. Here’s a video made by Mortons On The Move that shows how to install an RV awning.