|$ $ Alaskan King Mattress: $750-$5,000+|
Having a good bed equals having a good sleep and a happy life, that’s why choosing the right bed for you it’s so important.
The bed size plays a big role in having the “perfect” bed, and when speaking about a size that can accommodate the whole family (or almost) that’s the Alaskan King Bed.
This bed is the biggest size of the bed there is on the market, and it was made thinking of those families who like to sleep together, or also for people that like their space (sleeping alone or not).
The Alaskan King measures nine feet wide by nine feet long, and they can easily fit a person, kids, and pets comfortably all together.
Table of Contents
What Are The Benefits Of Sleeping On An Oversized Bed?
There are several reasons and benefits that make people change their big king size bed for the bigger Alaskan King Size Bed, such as:
- Having more space to sleep.
- Accommodating the kids into the mattress.
- The possibility of sleeping comfortably with big pets or numerous pets.
What’s The Difference Between The Alaskan King Bed And Other Bed Sizes?
https://sleepopolis.com/guides/bed-size-dimensions/ has created a chart comparing the difference between all sizes of mattresses there exist in the market:
|Twin||38″ x 75″||Toddlers, Children, Single Adults|
|Twin XL||38″ x 80″||Children, Single Adults, College Students|
|Full (Double)||54″ x 75″||Children, Single Adults, Adults with Children and/or Pets|
|Queen||60″ x 80″||Single Adults, Couples, Single Adults with Children and/or Pets|
|King||76″ x 80″||Couples, Couples with Children and/or Pets|
|Split King||38″ x 80″ (each mattress)||Couples with different mattress preferences, Sleepers who want to use an adjustable bed frame|
|California King||72″ x 84″||Couples, Couples with Children and/or Pets|
|Wyoming King||84″ x 84″||Couples, Couples with Children and/or Pets|
|Texas King||80″ x 96″||Couples, Couples with Children and/or Pets, Tall Adults|
|Alaskan King||108″ x 108″||Couples with different sleeping positions, Couples with Children and/or Pets|
What Types Of Alaskan King Beds Exist?
According to SleepingOcean.com, there are a number of options of Alaskan King Bed to choose from, which include:
What Affects The Price Of An Alaskan King Bed?
The price of an Alaskan King Bed can vary depending on many different factors such as the brand, the quality, where you purchase it from, the delivery fee, added features, and your location.
The typical costs of an Alaskan King bed go from $750 to $5,000 or more; this cost doesn’t include the bed frame.
Typically, you can buy an Alaskan King Bed from online retailers such as The Big Mattress Co and Mattress Insider; these retailers also offer options for Alaskan King bed frames.
According to ProjectPerfectHome.com, the highest-rated Alaskan King beds on the market are:
|Rest Right Alaskan King Mattress||$3,660+|
|Von Viva Oversized Mattresses||$2,961+|
|Natural Form Alaskan King Mattress||$3,500+|
|Mattress Insider Alaskan King Mattress||$4,699+|
|The Big Mattress Co. Premier Alaskan King Mattress||$4,399+|
Things to consider
- Before buying an Alaskan King Bed it’s important to check from the different online retailers online that offer them to compare prices. Some local mattress retailers can customize a mattress to have the size of an Alaskan King bed for cheaper.
- It’s important to check the warranty the retailer offers because an Alaskan King mattress is a serious investment.
- Take into consideration the size of your room as Alaskan King Beds are very tall and bulky and may not fit small rooms.
- Consider the delivery when buying an Alaska King Bed because it usually doesn’t fit regular door frames and entrances. Getting this mattress in a mattress-in-a-box model or that comes with separate parts to assemble may be the best option for most homes.
- After buying, it’s important to consider the bedding. Not many stores sell sheets that fit the Alaskan King bed. Some places where you can find bedding for the Alaskan King bed are Amazon and The Big Mattress Co.